Saturday, 31 December 2011

review-my top 5 moments of 2011

With the arrival of a new year in just half a day, it seems appropriate to review my best moments of this past year. Here are five of my personal bests:




5) Getting my first guitar:
Having long wanted to start playing music, I bought the sexy guitar you see below. I have yet to learn to play it, but it sure is tempting with a guitar this nice.


4) Seeing Papa Roach/Madina Lake:
A good pair of moments, both taken from the mid/later half of the year. Papa Roach was my first major gig attendance, and one that will not be forgotten. A more detailed account of the Madina Lake gig can be found HERE if you’ve yet to see it.


3) Starting University:
With increasing prices next year in the UK, 2011 was a mad dash for a university place. With about double the number of applicants, it seemed hard to get a place for some. Thankfully, I got my place at the University of Huddersfield, and am happily settled into my course.


2) Getting my first Contemptor Pattern Dreadnought:
Having seen this design and loving it on sight, I had to have one. Even with a slight order mixup, I still created an epic centre piece for my thousand son’s collection. Its ‘brother’ is still Work In Progress.


1) Getting together with my girlfriend:
Possibly a rather obvious moment for those who know me, but easily one of the best points of 2011. Having met my girlfriend, one who actually cares and listens, it’s hard not to mention this, and even harder not to make it my best feature of this year. Nine months-and-a-bit on, I am still happy, and dream of an amazing 2012, 2013, 2014 and beyond with her.


No comments:

Post a Comment