Wednesday, 28 March 2012

WIP: Deimos Predator (Part 2) And The Magnetisation of My Contemptors

The Deimos is still proving to be a wonderful kit to work with, and a nice model to use in game. I Admit it did explode to a Sword Brethren's power fist, but it has helped me deal with the armour issue I've had with this army. With a few more additions and edits I should be able to at least cope with most threats.






As you can see, painting has begun. I felt it was a good idea to leave the sponsons off during painting. I felt that it would be very difficult to get a brush anywhere near the inside workings. One thing I noted is the little circle on the side of the turret. It would make a good starting point for a chaos star.

Alongside this, I finally got around to magnetising the Contemptors. Whilst starting on the first one, extra weapons were built from various spare parts lying around. Now  I'm able to have some choice on what gear I want to run.

The twin heavy bolter is actually made from the spare guns from the Deimos, and the twin flamer is made from the flamer nozzles in the malcador kit, a spare fuel canister and some inside parts of a drop pod. You'd be amazed at what can be made with just a few bits of junk.




No comments:

Post a Comment