Sunday, 27 May 2012

Album Review: The Avengers Soundtrack

It's not often I get suckered into buying a soundtrack of the latest blockbuster movie. Last time I did that, I was slightly disappointed. When I found it Daft Punk were doing the score for Tron: Legacy, I was thrilled, only to be disappointed by a generally 'meh' selection. Oh well, at least one song was good...

This time, however, I was a little more optimistic. I am a fairly big Black Veil Brides fan, and when I herd a preview of a new song, Unbroken, I actually wanted to hear more. Only later did I find out it was part of a movie soundtrack. After some research, and discovering the likes of Papa Roach, Five Finger Death Punch and Evanescence were on this compilation, I had a good feeling that this one would be worthwhile.

And so it was. The previously mentioned 'Unbroken' track tops the lot: another great song from BVB. I expect that their new album, hopefully arriving in stores on October 30th, will be just as good, if not better. Papa Roach's new track is another worthwhile song to listen to

The rest of the album fits in with the dark, adventurous theme of The Avengers movie, and I'm sure that the two go hand in hand. I imagine that the songs certainly help the fight scenes come to life, and instil the emotions that the directors of the film aimed for.

The album will cost you around £10, and based on my experience, is one of the few movie based sound tracks worth going out and buying, especially if you're a fan of any of the bands who worked on it.

Also, keep up to date on the blog, with additional insider comments on future work, join the Facebook page now: http://www.facebook.com/RockGeekJournalist

(image from Amazon.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment