Personally, I'll be using allies to add to my Thousand sons, but mainly for theme reasons. The allies in question will be imperial guard, but used to represent chaos cultists brought by the chaos marines. As shown, they are based of empire flaggelants, with Forgeworld arms. The idea around them is to make them look like occult worshippers, and willing to aid their god's favourite followers. No special units will be used: just basic guardsmen, a primaris psyker (cult leader/sorcerer of interest to Ahriman), and a single leman russ of ancient design.
Keeping in with my theme, here is a conceptual 2000 points armylist I am thinking of using (note, it does include Forgeworld units:
- Elites-Contemptor Dreadnought (w. extra DCCW)
- Troops- 3x9 man Thousand Sons units (one Meltabomb unit, all have Doombolt)
- Fast Attack- Storm Eagle (w. Reaper Autocannon and Lascannons)
- Heavy Support-Land Raider, Predator (w. Autocannon/Lascannons)
- Allies-Primaris Psyker, Infantry Platoon (w. bolter and Chimera for command unit, Flamer for unit A, Grenade Launcher for unit B), Leman Russ (w. hull Heavy Bolter)
Part six, tomorrow's post, will discuss the new terrain features and battle missions.