Saturday, 28 July 2012

WIP: Raptors (Part Two) And The Facebook Secret

If you've been noticing, there have been a number of modelling related posts on Power Armoured Metal. Most recently, there was the third party parts discussion, which followed the tutorial on making your own Thousand Sons heads. A while ago, I begin painting tutorials, starting with gold and shining lenses. All of them have come together, like one of Tzeentch's grand plans, into the manifestation of Raptors of chaos.

As you can see, they are made up of Maxmini jump packs, Death Company, Thousand Sons parts and the previously mentioned custom heads. Only one so far has a 90% complete paint scheme, but with it you can see where I'm going with it. As with my regular troops, its a blue and yellow scheme, with gold used on the headdress, and the various totems and icons on the body. The jetpack uses the same blue, with brass vents and turbines. I will at a later stage add scorch marking, using weathering pigments.

Currently, it is a five man unit, armed with two meltaguns, and a champion with a power maul. I'm hoping to get another five, to make it a ten man unit, but I think I'll wait and see if they're any good in the new rules, or if I can use them as jump-chosen.

The meltaguns are actually converted weapons, each utilising a bolter and an inferno pistol. with some careful splicing, the two components make one convincing weapon.

Also, I'd like to share with you this image. Well, this preview anyway. Its a top secret I'm working on, and a nice incentive for you to join the Facebook page. I only need five more 'likes', and then the rest of this mystery image will be revealed.

You can join the page by either searching Power Armoured Metal in Facebook search, or even easier, you can click the new 'Bonus Content Button' in the top right corner of this page. Hopefully, the whispers of chaos are tempting you. The page is a great place for fans of the blog to check out bonus content, take part in discussion, and of course chat with the master of chaos...me.

No comments:

Post a Comment