Thursday, 4 October 2012

Showcase: Flamers of Tzeentch

In contrast to Tuesday's post, featuring a combat ready, realistic Leman Russ, today's post features colours, bright and vibrant, and form entities of Tzeentch's essence: the Flamers.



 For these guys, I wanted to go for something that represents the bright, anarchic ways of the god of magic. I used several washes of Beil-Tan Green to build up the daemonic fires.

The bodies were also a great place to practice blending and multiple flesh colours. The body, from top to bottom, starts with Liche purple, moving down to Temple Guard Blue, before a final blend into a near-white colour at the bottom. This helps them stand out from the horrors, which use more human-flesh colours.



Although they have no in-game use at this moment, I'm hoping that the new Codex: Chaos Space Marines will give me some options for them, even if they are familiars for my sorcerers. They will, in whatever form, make a striking unit on the battlefield

And this brings me onto my final point. From Saturday, I'll be posting a new mini-series, entitled: "Chaotic Marines and Devious Astartes", and will cover numerous aspect on how I (and you) can adapt to the new codex, and will include a codex review to begin, followed by tactical articles, army-list concepts, building guides for the new kits and much more. So if the inner heretic is suggesting you come back and check the posts out, listen to them...

No comments:

Post a Comment