Tuesday, 16 July 2013

WIP: Chaos Spartan Kit bash Part Two: Steel Walls

The Spartan is coming along very methodically, and today I'm sharing some of the progress I've made.

My main focus has been the central structure. First off, it's a nice simple area to work on, and secondly, it adds much needed structure and support; it helps to have a tank which will hold up to some pressure.


The hull has been widened by about 4mm to help create the larger transport capacity. The front prow is similar to the official Spartan; an enlarged exaggerated prow similar to a normal Land Raider. The roof is also taller than the standard Land Raider, and I still have a bit more to add to the top structure. It has been detailed with a few parts from the Baneblade and Vindicator kits, leftover from other vehicles. Hopefully this should all add up to a decent sized hull which looks like it can carry 25 if Chaos' finest. 


Another major feature I've worked on is the hull-mounted weapons. I've decided to magnetise the weapons out, so I can swap out the twin-linked Heavy bolter with a twin-linked Flamer or a Reaper Autocannon. This picture shows the Reaper aAtocannon, made from plastic tubes...

...and this picture shows the Heavy flamers. They are from the Malcador kit, and were previously used for my Contemptor Dreadnought.

After I've completed the roof, I'll be moving onto the engine and then work my way out. I intend to move onto the track units, then the outer armour. I've come across enough wheels to add to the tank, which saves me the hassle of making my own wheels. 

3 comments:

  1. Do you have any templates for this, or is it just guesswork and such ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all guesswork and working out shapes until I like the look of them. I have been told there are templates out there (can't remember the name of the maker though) :)

      Delete
  2. Looking great as usual, I can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete