But anyway, whilst you may have a huge spares collection, what do you do with it? Some might just decide to bin it, others may horde it, just because. I find that if you have a good idea, and have some useful parts, it's good to make use of this junk. Ask around too. As the saying goes, one man's trash...
Here is a great example of this idea. After a good raid of the boxes, I managed to piece together a very convincing Rapier laser battery. whilst it was a pain at stages, I feel that it is a great build, and is easy to recognise. It still needs a gun shield, but that'll probably come later.
- Chimera/Russ tracks
- 2x Imperial Guard Lascannons and 1x Twin Linked Lascannon from a Razorback (4x IG lascannons would do)
- 2x Drop Pod inner frame bits
- Drop Pod inner panel (the little square one with pipes)
- Assorted wheels (Mostly from a 1:35 Abrams, and I think a 1:48 Sherman)
- Imperial Guardsman with a Death Korps backpack, sentinel driver/commander arms and a flagellant head