I'm back guys, from a nice (if too short) holiday. I did spend a fair penny, and I have a number of new projects that I'm sure I'll let you know about in the coming weeks. This week I have a work placement, so postings maybe a bit more patchy compared to the norm. However, I do have something for you today.
This is the start I've made on a Decimator Daemon engine, one of Forgeworld's many interesting vehicles. This one however is not the FW model; it is based on the plastic Games Workshop Dreadknight. It's a cheaper alternative, and a fun little challenge to try and make it look convincing. It has the right size, but that is only part of it.
Before starting, I knew that I had no intentions of using the 'baby-carrier'. Instead, I plan to sculpt a helmet and chest to go in the empty cavity. to fit in with the official model, I will be adding the enormous shoulder pads.
The main thing you'll notice is the new base. I felt obliged to use the same sized base as an official Decimator (60mm). Fortunately the Dreadknight fits. All I needed to do was bring the legs a bit closer together.
The arms on this model have been magnetised at the elbow. This is to allow me to use all the weapon options, when I get around to building them.
At the moment I am working on the Siege Claws. They will be styled like the official models', and are based on the Dreadknight's doomfists.
I've also started a small amount of sculpting work to the model. I plan to add patched areas of musculature, growing over the existing machinery of the dreadknight.
The next task for me is to add the lower leg armour, once the sculpting work on done on those panels.